The ‘Secret Weapon’ started as a side thing on Gidget’s show and then grew and surpassed hers in volume and talent alone. It is now on more than any other show here at the station. Very few people realize it really is a person, and he really does pick all the music it plays from his own vast music collection. The show is just a sampling of what he has collected over the decades. All of it ‘Music That Deserves To Be Heard’. “Boris” also owns the station with Gidget, and together they are conquering the internet airwaves, one song at a time…
1. You have a teleportation machine for one year, where would you go?
Back in time, if it can, to 1976 and the following few years in Chicago. The Midwestern music scene was great. Cheap Trick was still playing the clubs, just before hitting the ‘big leagues’. Something very special was happening on those stages every night. Something I had not seen the likes of. The following 4 years were great with the advent of Punk, Power Pop (emphasis on Power). Music I still hold close to my heart. If it just teleports, then wherever I wanted to, camera always in hand.
2. When you were 11 what did you want to be?
3. Lunch with any person younger than you, who would it be and why?
My Daughter. Because the moments we share are fading with time and I always enjoy here laugh.
4. What skill would you love to learn instantly?
Flight. Not being a pilot. Just me. Flying.
5. Which person makes you feel smart?
Donald Trump, on a daily basis.
6. Which person makes you feel sexy?
“Boris” and Sexy should never be used in the same sentence.
7. Which person makes you feel loved?
My Daughter, My Mother.
8. Which person makes you want to eat food?
9. Which person makes you want to smile?
10. Do books make you cry?
Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book.
11. Do TV shows make you cry?
Generally not the few I watch.
12. Do movies make you cry?
Big Fish and a few others.
13. Do sunsets make you cry?
At times, but they always make me feel grateful. Sunrises as well.
14. Do you remember your sleeping dreams?
Yes. After over 26 years of being clean and sober, I have drinking/drugging dreams at least once a week. I like them. I feel if that stuff is still in my subconscious after all those years, it’s best I leave it alone. It acts as a great reminder, without all the pain and loss.
15. What part of your personality is most undervalued?
16. You and The Queen of Woody Radio are on a date, what are you eating?
17. You have a beautiful singing voice, an audience of 1,000 people, which song do you sing?
I have, (not necessarily, a beautiful singing voice, but I have sang in front of crowds, back in my alcohol and drug fueled ‘daze’) and a quite variety of them with more than a few Chicago bands over the years. Everything from ‘Hang On Sloopy’ by The McCoys to ‘He’s A Whore’ by Cheap Trick.
The largest crowd I subjected myself to embarrassment with, was during Hounds at Chicagofest at Navy Pier in Chicago ‘helping’ (ahem) out on their cover of ’Under My Thumb’ by The Rolling Stones.